What Insurance is included in my Service Charge?

For a block of flats building insurance is usually included within your service charge. Generally speaking, buildings insurance covers the structural parts of your block which are not easily removed such as walls, roof, floors and ceilings. Should you need to make a claim please contact Ian Gibbs Estate Management Ltd in the first instance. Please be aware that if your property is vacant for a period greater than 30 days, any claim you wish to make on the building insurance may not be valid. If you wish to clarify the exact terms of your building insurance cover please contact Ian Gibbs Estate Management or your insurance provider.

Contents Insurance is not covered by your service charge and we would strongly recommend that you take out cover for your personal belongings (including carpets) as soon as possible.